1) Book Blogger Appreciation week is reving up at My Friend Amy's blog. This is for book bloggers – "Think of it as a retreat for book bloggers and a chance for us to totally nerd out over books together. And of course, shower each other with love and appreciation." There's also contests for readers too, so worth checking out if you're not a book blogger too.
This week nominations are starting for your favorite book blogs in a variety of categories. I'm planning to vote.
And there's a couple of giveaways related to books I've reviewed:
2) Ann Aguirre has a contest on her blog where the prize is a $200 gift certificate to the bookstore of your choice – just buy a copy of Wanderlust and prove you've bought it. I've posted a review of this book before and recommend it. My review is here – vox | livejournal. The review of the first book in the series Grimspace, is here: vox | livejournal.
3) There's also a contest at book binge – win 7 shomi novels! I like the idea of this line. It's relatively new and it has a focus on futuristics with plenty of action and a little bit of romance. I've read:
- Wired by Liz Maverick (link to my review: vox / livejournal)
- Driven by Eve Kenin (link to my review: vox / livejournal)
- Hidden by Eve Kenin (link to my review: vox / livejournal)
Of those three I'd say I enjoyed Driven the most. There are other titles out that I haven't had a chance to read yet. I've been eyeing Countdown by Michelle Maddox and Netherwood by Michele Lang.
Leave a comment, or post on your own blog and Shomi a link, telling me what Shomi novels you've read or are interested in reading before midnight, Saturday August 30th and you'll be entered to win a major Shomi Prize package.
This contest is open to all (not just U.S. and Canada).