(click chart made via onlinecharttool.com to embiggen)
Every year, same goal of reading 100 books, but the only year I made it was 2006, before I started reviewing.
Newsflash: reviewing cuts into reading time! But, that’s OK, I like to blog.
To break down the books I’ve read, you can check out goodreads. There you’ll see I read 86 “books”, but I didn’t count the one graphic novel. I did count a couple of novellas because I read some longer 500+ page books as well and figured they balanced each other out. So in 2011, I read 85 books.
Out of those books, I have my favorites, and my favorites have two categories. Those books that blew me out of the water, and those that came very close to doing that. Blew me out of the water always a difficult group to get into, because it’s based on sheer emotion. If I feel euphoric LOVE after I finish a book, it goes on the list. Not many books do that to me. So:
Blew me out of the water:
Close to perfection:
There are so many books not on this list that I consider keepers. Another 20 books at least, so 2011 was not a bad reading year at all. Check out my goodreads to see all the 4 star books this year not on this list here. I was actually good about putting the books I read on there this year.
Goals for 2012:
- Again keep trying to get to 100 books read
- Since I can’t finish a challenge to save my life.. try not to join so many challenges (hah, we’ll see)
- Buy whatever books I want to.🙂 I have given up the fight against the TBR, but I know what’s reasonable.
- Stay relaxed with the blogging thing.
- And this year, the goal is to catch up on some series. I have a lot of series that I’m realizing I’m behind on and would like to get back into.