1) WHERE I’LL BE ONLINE
It’s always difficult when you have a blog mirrored in three places – you are always editing posts in three places and then when you find a typo! Argh! So for the readathon (which involves many updates in a day), this is my plan:
- WORDPRESS: I put down the wordpress blog down for the readathon so I think I have to put my updates in that. I’ll do the same thing as I did last year which is to have one post that day which I’ll edit with the hourly/somewhat hourly progress.
- LIVEJOURNAL : Last year there were a lot of livejournal people on my friends page that I followed along for the readathon so I think I’m going to TRY to also update livejournal at the same time (let’s see how tired of editing two blogs I’ll get) and I’ll be reading my friendslist for LJ people’s progress. Same thing – one post so people won’t get spammed.
- TWITTER: well I’m always on twitter so.. usual place: @janicu
2) WHAT I’M READING
- Blood of the Demon by Diana Rowland – I’ve already started reading this one and want to keep reading it. I keep getting interrupted!
- The Alchemy of Stone by Ekaterina Sedia – I borrowed this from the library for calico_reaction’s April Challenge book pick and I WILL READ THIS BY MAY!!
- The Godstalker Chronicles by P.C. Hodgell – estara gave me a copy of this book to read ages ago and it’s episodic, so I’ll read for a bit, put it down, then read for a bit later. Need to get a good chunk read.
Those were the top 3. But I’ve decided to be a little smarter this year. I have a couple of YAs and anthologies on the sidelines which can be used when my eyes are getting blurry and I need something shorter to read. I also just bought a bunch of books at B&N so there is no shortage of books to read.
3) WHAT I’M EATING
Food is very important for long stretches of lying on the couch/bed/draped across a chair reading. I have read this excellent post with a readathon snack coach’s suggestions and this is my tentative list. No, I probably couldn’t eat this all. I’m just saying I’m PREPARED! Yep. 🙂
- Coffee – I need this every morning anyway
- Tea & diet coke – for when I’m not drinking coffee
- hummus and rice chips
- chorizo and eggs (if there is any left over from today)
- chocolate – Andes Creme de Menthe thins
- Sensible lunch and dinner
- yogurt – cherry
- Gummy worms – sour!
- almonds – I have Planters Flavor Grove Chili Lime flavored ones
- cheese wedges
4) SECRET WEAPONS
- Cat – ninja kitty will deploy by jumping on my stomach in opportune moments so I will stay awake. He does this anyway.
- Spearmint Shampoo & Bodywash – Hopefully this will awaken me. Although last time the above cat tried to eat my hair.