Through last year I’ve been reading and watching some modern day Jane Austen retellings and Austen inspired stories, but not posting about them on the blog. I was hoping that Stephanie’s Written Word would have another Everything Austen challenge, but that doesn’t look to be the case.
So time for an impromptu Jane Austen week here! I’ll be putting up my reviews of:
- Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale (a mystery/comedy/romance set in a Austen inspired resort)
- Such A Girl by Karen Siplin (a Persuasion-influenced novel with a New York hotel phone operator)
- Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg (a Pride and Prejudice retelling set in a prestigious boarding school)
- Aisha a Bollywood movie loosely based on Emma.
Depending on how good I am, I may also review the following in time to post them this week:
- A Weekend With Mr. Darcy by Victoria Connelly (chicklit romance set around a Jane Austen conference)
- The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy by Sara Angelini (Darcy is a judge, Liz Bennet a lawyer)
- I Have Found It – another Bollywood movie, this time based on Sense and Sensibility